This was one of the most challenging cakes I’ve ever attempted. Any 3 dimensional design usually is but this was made more difficult because the cake was based on the groom’s beloved car. I wanted to get all the details right: the shape of the car, the color, the features. The bride and groom were also difficult. One thing I’ve learned about gumpaste work is that making it all stay together is tricky. I learned that wire is my friend when it comes to structure and that gumpaste does harden but not like rock. The figures can still break (I was just hoping the heads would stay in place).
In the end, bride and groom were happy which made me happy, too!